Friday, October 8, 2010

Egads, she wanted to quit my membership website!





I operate a membership website for people who are in direct sales and MLM. It is a small but growing site.


Yesterday, one of my members emailed me and said they wanted me to cancel their nembership. I understand there are as many reasons to stay or not stay as there are people. But it made me feel bad. Even so, I responded that it was "no problem" (a little fib) and that all she had to do was to cancel her monthly payment on Pay Pal.  I am not sure how I can cancel her subscription.


To make a long story short, my subscriber decided to stay with me after all. Here is my response to...


Hi Yvonne,

I am happy you decided to stay with me. ;)

I do get a lot of inquiries but they are never about your company (those go direct to you). Many of the people think I have a golden key to piling new leads on them because I own the website. They want me to join their program because they think I would be great to have in their downline. This is probably never going to happen but I guess anything is possible in business. 

I'd like to get to the point where we get a critical mass of people who are determined to succeed (it doesn't matter to me if they are with Scentsy, Mary Kay, or any other direct sales org or other types as well). 

I always ask what type of information the members may want me to provide in the members' section. I think of Profiles as a place to help people learn how to do direct sales and I am learning a lot as I search out techniques that might give inspiration and practical tips for direct sales. For instance, I cam across a very astute marketing lady yesterday,llise Benun. I called her up to see if she could help me if I joined her training course 
direct sales. I told her I was mainly interested in passing along powerful tips to my
Profile site members. Here is her site: http://www.marketingmixblog.com/ 

She thought her program might not fit me, but she offered to allow me to post her great articles in my newsletter to my members. This helps her and it helps me and it might help you. Win-win-win!  That's the power of networking.

So, you don't have to worry about me passing on leads. If it happens, I will tell the person to check our member directory.

Again, glad you decided to stay with me. 

Greg 
.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you all. It was very useful for me. That's what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete