Friday, February 19, 2010

Example of how use the PUBLIC DOMAIN to make money

I am fascinated with Public Domain material. I find fun old music and articles about history (one of my favorite subjects) searching the archives. If you want to learn more, a good place to start is The Way Back Machine, aka Internet Archive.

This type of material is ideal for including in information products because you can legally change it any way you like. If you do so, just make sure it is definitely Public Domain.

What is not so apparent is how to use this potentially very profitable stuff. Sure, you can post it on your website or blog "as is" as long as you give proper credit. The challenge is to find material that appeals to 21st Century people. I think you must repackage the material.

I found this interesting example at Google Books. Fact is that I was not searching for "public domain" when I found this. I was searching for information about an internet guru. It is the story of Rebecca Fine who used a pre 1923 (magic date for public domain) goldmine "The Science of Getting Rich" which was published in 1910 to earn a six figure income. Fascinating read if you are interested in using public domain stuff.

But I must wonder why people who learned to use this stuff turned to another Internet Marketing arena. Makes one wonder if the well dried up?

What do you think?

Greg Cryns
Nursing Programs Online
Work At Home Profiles

.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment