Saturday, August 8, 2009

Why I repeat my tweets





For the past month I have been repeating some of my better tweets.

Why? Most of my followers did not see the tweets to begin with.


I know I sound like a broken record on this topic, but I think it bears repeating because many still believe in the big lies. I don't think many people understand how short their reach is with any single tweet. It is very short. In fact, I am wondering if Twitter is not so great as a connection for social networking. In many ways, Facebook and LinkedIn kick Twitter's butt.


Back to topic, as @guykawasaki pointed out, to think that your followers are reading you 24 x 7 x 365 is absurd. I would go further. If 2% of your followers are doing that, I think you have overestimated the number. If you notice, many cable news shows repeat their stories.


I think many experienced Twitter folks are now checking only for direct messages or for any @ tweets with their name in it.


What do you think?


Greg Cryns


.

No comments:

Post a Comment