Monday, December 22, 2008

Follow your passion

Picture (overlooking Morrow Bay in Central California) by Greg Cryns

Someone called me yesterday. I invited her to call after I saw a post she made on Twitter.

Most of the people who call me want to sell me something. She did not want that.

In fact, I don't think she knew exactly why she called me. Just following her hunch, I think.

We chatted for a few minutes. She told me is in direct sales. I asked her if she was really cut out to sell a product.

(pause)

"I don't think so," she said.

I asked her what she really wanted to do. Immediately her voice brightened. She sounded excited. "I know what I want to do!" she exclaimed. She went on to tell me she had a passion about something but she did not tell me exactly what it was.

My advice to her was to drop her direct sales business even though she "loved" the product. I advised her to set up a blog and post somethine every day for at least 30 days.

Some people don't have a passion for business per se. Making money is not what it is all about in my opinion. But I do believe that if you have a true passion and work hard at it, the money will follow, usually.

I think she may do that. We will see. Do you think that was good advice?

greg cryns
Watch me try to nail down a good refinance rate on my mortgage

No comments:

Post a Comment